Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Only One Who Knows


The Only One Who Knows

In the beginning He was the only one who knew,
All the trials and heartache I would endure.
He watched closely as I grew,
Knowing His love and hope would be the only cure.

Step by step learning His way,
Mastering the tools to help make it through.
His helping hand pushing me each day,
Because He is the only one who knew.

Would the little steps be enough
When the challenges and trials would flow?
I would have to see when things got rough,
For He was the only one to know.

Through the waiting, strength sustained,
Leaning on the tools learned before.
Taking advantage of what the gospel contained,
Remembering back to the very core.

Through the heartbreak of letting each of my angels go,
Love and hope from him would show.
Seeing each tear along the way flow,
Feelings that only He would know.

Through the waiting, treatments, and tests,
When everything is seeming to go wrong,
He is giving me comfort and little rests.
He is helping me push along.

Trying my hardest not to be tossed to and fro,
Pushing forward as the trial wind blows.
Leaning on the gospels truth, light, and glow,
Because He is the only one who really knows.



Copyrighted 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment