Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A Complication...But Still Going

This past little while has been really crazy so I haven't had the chance to post. Today I had my ultrasound to see if the meds were working for this cycle. I got up this morning and made sure I had my HCG shot (I was hoping if everything looked good they would just do the shot for me, like they said they would have last time if I had had it with me.) and headed to the office. I thought it would just be like the last time and everything would go as planned, but of course that would have been way too easy.

The nurse doing the ultrasound was really nice but I thought it was strange how she wasn't updating me on the findings as she went like she did last time. After she finished the ultrasound she then starting telling me what she found. She said the right ovary did not have any follicles anywhere near where they needed to be and my left ovary only had one follicle the size it needed to be. They usually like to have two for the IUI for the best chances. She also proceeded to tell me that my lining wasn't thick (or fluffy) enough this time to carry a pregnancy if I were to get pregnant. However, they decided to put me on another prescription, Estrace, to thicken the lining to make it ready for pregnancy. I am to take it twice a day for the next three days. They are still having us go forward with the IUI. Tonight I have to give myself the shot at precisely 9pm. IUI will then take place Friday morning.

Even though this time around has had some setbacks with only one follicle ready and the lining not being where it should be we are still hopeful that this may be the time we get a miracle.

1 comment: