Sunday, October 27, 2013

Round 3 Starts

Thursday I had my baseline ultrasound for IUI #3. It was strange going to the office knowing this will be our last shot for a while. I went into the exam room and the nurse came in. She kept talking a lot about how its "3rd time the charm". I hope its our lucky shot but we will see in about a month. The baseline ultrasound looked good and everything was again scheduled. All the drugs were ordered and delivered so we are ready to go.

I am excited to take another step forward in this whole process but I am also nervous. Things didn't go as well as they could have last time. I am hoping things go better this time and there won't be as many complications.

The past 3-4 months have been nothing but constant doctor appointments with schedules for all sorts of different medications. Its strange to think that this is our last time doing this for a while. I am excited for a break from all the medications, whether that be with a pregnancy or without. I am also really nervous though. We have been working so hard towards this goal then all of a sudden it will be put on hold in a way, for a while. At least with each of the IUIs we feel like we are working towards it, putting effort into it, and are getting closer to the goal. Without all the schedules and efforts being put in, I am afraid we are going to feel lost since we won't be feeling like we are moving forward. In the meantime though we are just focusing on this cycle, hoping it will be better than the last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment