Thursday, August 1, 2013

Answers!

Today we had our big appointment with Dr. Foulk. It went really well. I got more answers than I was expecting. Everyone at the office was really nice. They took us back to Dr. Foulk's office and when he came in he introduced himself. He then told us that he is pretty sure he knows why we aren't pregnant. He was very confident in this. He explained that there are two factors playing into everything. First, I am not ovulating regularly. I ovulate once in a while but not enough. My previous doctor had taken some blood work and it was all borderline so he thought I probably was ovulating. However when you put that information together with a few other things it shows that I am not ovulating regularly. Also, I was told to use an OPK and it only came out positive 2 out of 6 times. My previous doctor said that the kit probably just wasn't picking the hormones up enough and I really was ovulating. We told Dr. Foulk this theory and he laughed. He said the OPKs are actually pretty reliable. He said my previous doctor is a great OBGYN but he specializes in things after the baby gets in there, not helping it to get in there. He said its like asking him to fix a car. Its just not his specialty.

After he explained that we need to get my body to ovulate he told me that I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). There is a lot that goes into this diagnosis. To fix this issue I am starting a prescription tomorrow that will help some hormone levels and help with insulin intolerance. I will then be starting another drug, clomid, next cycle.

The other concern that Dr. Foulk had is my ectopic pregnancy. He said the tube that had the ectopic had something wrong the month that I got pregnant. The tube may or may not be functioning properly now and there isn't much they can do to tell, but they want to make sure they do everything they can to prevent another ectopic. To do this they are going to do an IUI. They are pretty much going to take a sample from Taylor and place it where they want it to be. This isn't a guarantee that an ectopic won't happen, but its the best shot that we have right now.

Dr. Foulk seemed pretty confident that this will make our miracle happen. However, if that does not work in 3-6 tries, he said he would want to look into tube issues more and then possibly move on to IVF. Hopefully it won't come to that but we will see what Heavenly Father has in store for us. We feel good about moving forward in this direction. We have more hope and clarity from things that Dr. Foulk was able to tell us. Its all in Heavenly Father's hands, and we are hoping we will have a little miracle soon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you got answers! I definitely feel like this is all in answers to prayer.love ya!

    ReplyDelete