Thursday, August 29, 2013

Still Going

Today we had another ultrasound to see if all the prescriptions were working. I was really nervous about it and my biggest fear was that the cycle would be canceled. I didn't want to do all of this for nothing. The ultrasound tech couldn't find any follicles on the left ovary but on the right ovary there were 3 follicles. One is definitely big enough and should release an egg, another is medium sized and may or may not release and the third is pretty small so probably won't release. Its really good that the prescriptions worked and there are follicles, but there is still concern that they are on the right ovary because when I had my ectopic it was on the right side. There is definitely risk of another ectopic but in reality there will always be that risk whether we are doing IUI, another treatment, or trying on our own. They told me since the first was definitely large enough to go ahead and do the trigger shot. I didn't have the shot with me or they would have done it there at the office, but I didn't take it with me because we thought (and the doctor had thought) that it would be later. I noticed the time and I had to be at work soon so while I finished up Taylor ran home to get the shot and vials and met me at my work. In the meantime, I got shot training at the office and got the IUI scheduled which will take place tomorrow morning.

Taylor met me at my work and we sat in the parking lot getting the vials for the shot all mixed and ready. Taylor was right there ready to give me the shot if I wasn't able to do it. He even offered to do it so I wouldn't have to. I told him I wanted to try to do it, just in case we need to go through more cycles in the future and I need to do more shots. I gave the shot to myself. I didn't think I would be able to, but I did.

Like I said, IUI will take place in the morning. We are anxious, nervous, excited, etc all at once. We are hoping and praying that everything goes well. We will be doing a fast on Sunday that the procedure will work. If anyone would like to join us we would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you everyone for all the prayers, love, and support through this whole process. We wouldn't be able to get through all this without our amazing family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment