Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Our Story Part 2


Soon after our engagement the wedding plans started. We couldn’t wait for our big day even though it was six months away. We decided the wedding would need to wait until May since I was going to be starting my last semester of college and Taylor was still working up at Aspen Grove. We decided to get married May 21, 2011, just a few short weeks after my college graduation.

Colors were picked, plans were made, and ideas were put into action. It was a long engagement though. It was really hard to only be able to see each other on the weekends. It was always so hard to say goodbye. We would push through each week just to make it to the weekend.

I remember when the day finally came that I was going to move back to Orem. Taylor was so anxious to come help me move and he had everything loaded in the van and ready to go in under an hour! The day had finally come.

Our wedding day was all we had ever dreamed of. We were sealed for time and all eternity in the Mount Timpanogos Temple. A lot of our family and friends were able to make it. We were married in the morning and had a luncheon afterwards. We had some time between the luncheon and the reception so we took some lime green roses (our wedding color) to my grandma and grandpa Lindsay’s grave. Taylor had never met them but I loved them so much and wished they could have been physically at our wedding.

The reception was that night and we had a great turnout. My aunt Shauna made the cake that I had always wanted, the decorations were perfect, and I had the man of my dreams at my side. Our line went the entire two hours. We spent our honeymoon in St. George. Our original plans were to go to Park City until we found out it was supposed to be snowing the whole time so we changed to somewhere warm. 

Our engagement was long but it was worth the wait and we were finally able to start our life together. Everything was perfect just like we had wanted it.

No comments:

Post a Comment