Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Our Story Part 1


Our story is quite long so I am going to be breaking it up into different parts. I thought about shortening it but I prefer the whole story.

Taylor was born in Utah but raised partly in both Oregon and partly in Utah. I (Amberly) was born and raised in Utah my whole life. Taylor and I met in high school. We had an LDS seminary class together and I always thought he had great comments and he was always so nice to everyone. During our senior year I asked him to the last girls choice dance, Morp. The theme was Wish Upon a Star. For our day date we went to Trafalga and then had lunch at my parents house and played games. Later that night for the dance our whole group wore pajama pants and t-shirts that we had made. I had a lot of fun with Taylor and he was such a perfect gentleman. He opened all my doors and we had great conversations.
After the dance we only had a few weeks left of school. On yearbook day I told Taylor to keep in touch and let me know when he went on his mission. However, I never heard back from him. He ended up going on his mission without me knowing and I went off to college at University of Utah. I was studying Accounting and school became my focus.
Junior year of college my best friend, Sara Moore, and I got talking about our old dates we had in high school. We decided to look them up on Facebook to see what they were up to now. I looked up Taylor and after some encouragement from Sara, added him as a friend. I invited him to come to a game night with a bunch of friends over the summer, but the game night came and went without a response from him. Come to find out Taylor had seen the message but was too shy to respond until his mom encouraged him to just talk to me. The day that I moved back to Salt Lake City for my senior year of college is the day he ended up responding to me. I had to respond back and tell him the game night was past but if he wanted we could do something another time.
From then on we kept talking and emailing back and forth. Taylor was working up at Aspen Grove Family camp in Provo Canyon so we were about an hour and a half apart. He had a crazy schedule and I was always busy with school. One weekend in October 2010 he finally had a day off and came to Salt Lake and took me to the zoo. We spent the entire day there and the day went by so fast. We had great conversations and it was never awkward. Once again he was a perfect gentleman. He bought me a cute stuffed monkey to help me remember the day. When I got back to my apartment that night I remember sitting on my bed and saying to Sara, “Can I just marry him already?”.
We continued emailing and talking almost every day and we would alternate weekends visiting each other. Our second date was to the dinosaur museum and the Thanksgiving Point corn maze. Another date we went to his house and made cookies which was when I was able to meet his family and I absolutely loved them all. Not only was I able to meet his immediate family, but also I was able to meet his uncle David, his aunt Marquelle, and his cousin Stetson 
Another date Taylor came to my apartment and we watched a movie and I made dinner. During the movie he held my hand for the first time and after the movie he kissed me for the first time. Things kept moving pretty fast from there. 
In November, Taylor came with my family to Thanksgiving dinner and he was able to meet a lot of my family. After we ate with my family we went to see his family. I thought things were kind of strange because I kept seeing his mom and aunts whispering to each other in corners. We went and played pool with some of his cousins and one of his cousins kept asking us who was getting married. I thought it was really cute!
The next day Sara wanted me to go with her to Temple Square to see the first day of the Christmas lights. I decided to go after much hesitation. Taylor encouraged me to go though because he said he needed to go shopping with his mom. I went with Sara and was walking around with her but really didn’t want to be there. We went and walked around the reflection pond then stopped right in front of the temple. Sara pulled out a paper and handed it to me and told me to read it. It was a poem from Taylor. I read it and at the bottom it said, “Turn Around…”. I turned around and Taylor was there on one knee. He proposed and of course I said yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment