Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Moving Forward, But Still Looking Back

With the new year coming, I have overwhelmed myself a few times with the thoughts of the coming year. When I think of a new year I often think of simply leaving a year in the past and moving forward with the new year. I set goals without looking back all that much. This week I started thinking of all the possibilities that 2015 will bring. This will be the year we hopefully do our next three IUI treatments. Then I started thinking about it more. Can I really take another three treatments? Can I go through all the ups and downs? Can I handle all the emotions again? Can I handle all the medications? Can I handle the possible heartbreak? All these things kept running through my head and it was so overwhelming. We are excited to move forward, but at the same time we have been through this before. We know how hard it is. We know that there are so many ups and downs with it.

After I was thinking about all of this, I saw a quote on Facebook that said something along the lines of, "gain strength from the past and move forward." It was just what I needed. It really is true. I started thinking back at how far we have come and how much we have been through. We have been on this journey for over three and a half years now. We have been through so much together and we aren't going to give up now. Hopefully this journey to our miracle won't be too much longer, but no matter how long, we will get through it. During the hard times of moving forward we can look back and think of all the things we have been through, including losing 6 babies, 3 IUIs, surgeries, etc. Now when I look back, I can take comfort in knowing that we have come so far already. Bring on 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment