Thursday, November 10, 2016

IVF Part 6

September 25, 2016

Yesterday was a good day but in some ways a long day. We went grocery shopping and made preparations for princess days (couch potato/bed rest days). We were then able to watch the BYU game with some family. After watching the game Myra and my sister-in-law, Hanna, came and watched General Women's Conference with me. What an amazing session! Elder Uchtdorf's talk was so amazing and hit so many things right on the head for me. It related so much to the talk by Elder Bednar that I shared earlier. It talked a lot about faith and how we need to work on submitting to Heavenly Father's will. Faith will not change Heavenly Father's will. We need to align our will with His. It was along the same concept of, "Do you have the faith not to be healed?". Another thing that stood out is we need to keep going until we reach the last door on the fourth floor. It was the most amazing talk, as if it were written just for me.

During Women's Conference Taylor had gone upstairs and I could hear him banging around a bit. I didn't know what he was doing. After conference ended he came down and had us go up and see what he had been doing. He had been working on putting the baby room together!




We hadn't put together the crib or anything since we moved so he worked on putting everything together. I hadn't planned on doing anything until we were actually expecting a baby, but he couldn't wait.

After showing us the room Taylor decided to take me to go see the movie Storks, in honor of hopefully doing a transfer the next day. It was a cute movie that was fun to see at this point in time.

This morning we woke up at our normal Sunday time and went to church. It was hard to sit through it all, knowing we would be going to our appointment right after. We went home after church, grabbed something to eat, and headed to the office. As soon as I checked in they had me take Valium to calm me down for the transfer and had me wait in the waiting room for a while. I started to feel pretty sleepy and lightheaded a bit. They soon called me back and had me go into a room and said Dr. Foulk would be in. By this time my semi-full bladder that they wanted me to have was getting really full. Dr. Foulk came in and said, "Are you ready to see your bambinos?". We were definitely ready. He handed us a paper showing us a picture of our embryos and told us how they are all doing. Of the 16 viable ones we had on Friday, we had 14 that were still growing, 7 of which were really good. We decided that we would transfer the best two and we will try freezing the rest. They will also watch the 7 that aren't quite up to par yet and see if they catch up so they can freeze them as well. Dr. Foulk is hoping 2 of them catch up to be frozen. We were so happy with these results. Dr. Foulk left the room and said someone else would be coming in to start getting the ultrasound ready for the procedure. Here are our first baby pictures!



When they came in to start the ultrasound they saw that my bladder was really full. Luckily they let me take a quick break and go to the bathroom since they would be pushing a lot on my stomach. I got settled back in and they got the ultrasound set. Dr. Foulk came back in to start the procedure. Ammon, our embryologist, also came in to introduce himself since we had only talked on the phone before. It was cool to be able to see exactly what was happening on the ultrasound. As soon as Dr. Foulk was ready he had Ammon go and get our embryos. They brought them in and inserted them. We could see exactly where they went because they had put air bubbles next to the embryos. During this procedure Dr. Foulk proceeded to tell us that he controls if we get rebellious children or sweet children. He said they put sugar in with the embryos that they want to turn out sweet and jalepenos with the ones they want to be rebels. It gave us a good laugh. He is an awesome doctor! After the procedure was done they set a timer for 20 minutes and I had to lay there until the timer went off. We sat there for a really long time and the timer wasn't going off. Finally after probably about a half hour or 40 minutes they came in and said we could go. Here is a post procedure picture, and Taylor had to get a picture of my lucky socks! (Lucky socks are a well known thing with infertility patients. You wear lucky socks because that is the only part of your own clothing you can wear for a lot of the procedures. Usually you are wearing a hospital gown.)



We headed home to start my 2.5 days of princess days. These are days where I need to stay relaxed and I can only get up to go to the bathroom, get food, shower, or change rooms to get a change of scenery. It will be hard to stay down for so long, but it will be so worth it. We are also going to have some fun with this. We have read stories that if you take a pineapple and cut it in 5 pieces, then eat a piece a day, that it should help your embryos stick. I don't know if it really works or not, but I thought it would be something fun, so I ate my first piece today.


Snuggle in babies!!!!!

October 1, 2016

It is October! That means we find out this month if we are pregnant! We are so excited and are getting so anxious. We are just over half way through the wait to find out. I was on "princess days" on Monday and Tuesday. Sara came over on Monday and we watched movies, she painted my toenails, etc. She even brought me a princess crown and wand which I thought was pretty funny.


On Tuesday my family all took turns coming to visit so that I wouldn't get bored while Taylor was at work. 

I went back to work Wednesday and the days have been passing so slow. However, today and tomorrow are general conference so hopefully the days will go faster. Conference weekend usually goes pretty fast for me.

October 4, 2016

Have I ever mentioned that I hate waiting? Well I do! The past couple days have been so slow as we are anxiously awaiting our first blood test, to find out if we are pregnant or not. Tomorrow we go in for the blood draw at 8am, but they may not call us until as late as 6pm. It is going to be a long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment