Thursday, November 10, 2016

IVF Part 2

June 2, 2016

On May 31st we hit another milestone! We are past the $12,000 mark! We are moving right along!



Also on Tuesday I had my first session of acupuncture. We have decided to give it a try and see how it goes. I was actually surprised how relaxing and calming it is. I will be doing an acupuncture session each week until we get into the process more, then I might do a couple sessions a week.

June 21, 2016

Yesterday I had my 4th acupuncture session. Everything is going really well with the sessions. I really like the doctor that I am seeing for it. I will continue going weekly for appointments for the next while. Things are really speeding up and I can't believe we will be diving right in next month with everything!

July 1, 2016

Yesterday we hit another big milestone for our baby fund! We are getting so close!


Today is also the first day of July, which means that THIS month we will be moving forward with preparation for IVF! The excitement and many other emotions are definitely building for us! We are ready to move forward in this process and get one step closer to our baby!

July 8, 2016

Today we touched base again with our IVF coordinator about our upcoming cycle. We were able to talk about the steps coming up that will be happening for the process. In about a week I will be starting birth control pills. Yes, we are trying to have a baby and starting birth control pills. The purpose of the pills is to keep everything "calm" as we approaching cycle time. We also scheduled a plan of care appointment for August 16th. So after starting BCPs (Birth Control Pills) the next big step will come August 16th when we sit down to go through all of our meds, get our calendar, etc. The end of August or first part of September we will start the bulk of the medicines, and the end of September we will do our egg retrieval and embryo transfer. We are getting so excited for this whole thing! However, sometimes it still seems so far away!  Hopefully time will pass fast over the next month or so!

July 15, 2016

Today things got a little more real for this IVF process. I talked with our IVF coordinator again and she has decided that she wants me to go in for a bunch of blood work on Monday. They need to check where all my levels are on a bunch of things. Then after blood work, on Monday night, I will start Birth Control Pills. My plan of care appointment was also moved up to August 3rd so that they have more time to tweak things if they need to before starting IVF. 

Also today we hit the $15,000 mark for our baby fund! Our goal has been reached!!!!!!



July 18, 2016

Today I had blood work drawn. They had to take 7 vials of blood! Yuck! Tonight I start birth control pills! Still sounds so weird that we have to do birth control to try to have a baby!



August 4, 2016

The past few weeks have been a crazy whirlwind at our house! Things got really crazy when we decided it was time to sell our house and move. We have had no intention of moving at all. I have had some feelings here and there that maybe we should move and Taylor has as well, but we hadn't really acted on it because we were doing IVF and it would be crazy to do both processes at once. However, on July 16th, our house was listed and we put in an offer on another house. The whole thing happened in about 3 days. We went from not moving at all, to 3 days later having our house for sale and having an offer accepted on a new house. We have been super busy ever since then. We are just finishing up the financing processes on our current house and our new house, then we will be moving. Hopefully we will get to move before IVF picks up too much!

Since we have been packing, I ended up giving Taylor his IVF survival kit that I made for him early. It was really fun coming up with ideas for it. 


Yesterday we had our plan of care appointment. We went out to breakfast right before the appointment.


We were at the doctor's office for an hour and a half! We were able to sit down with our IVF coordinator to go through the whole process, the timing of everything, to go over meds and how to order them, get our calendar, etc. Taylor also had to have his blood drawn, which he wasn't happy about since he hates needles. 

Everything was quite overwhelming with getting so much information at once yesterday. The calendar is overwhelming as well, but I just need to take everything we need to do one day at a time. 



So the plan for the next little while...I ordered meds that need to be shipped today so those should be coming soon. I then have a list of things to go shopping for at the store and to get from a local pharmacy. We will then start injections the end of this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment