Wednesday, November 9, 2016

IVF Part 1

February 3, 2016:

The past couple of weeks we have taken a few steps forward in the IVF process. Things are really picking up beyond just the saving up step. We contacted the clinic that we are going through a couple weeks ago and we talked dates with them again and we told them to plan on us being in the September cycle. What that means is we will finish up final testing in May or June, have a consultation the end of July or first part of August, start meds in August, and do the retrieval and transfer in September. We would then know the end of September or first part of October if it worked. We got a list of supplements they wanted us to start taking. Taylor has to start taking fish oil and a multivitamin. I need to take fish oil and CoQ10 on top of the prenatal vitamin, metformin, and synthroid that I am already taking. This has been a lot of extra pills to take everyday but it is fun knowing that we are moving forward. We have also been researching some optional things like acupuncture. We have heard a lot of people say it really helped them so we have been doing some research on these kinds of things.

Today we also reached a big milestone! I was actually pretty sick today and had to stay home from work but I made myself presentable enough to take a few pictures. We reached over $10,000.00 in our baby fund! I never thought we would get to this point. We have less than $5,000.00 to go!



March 16, 2016

On Monday, Taylor signed an offer letter from GoReact! He has been interviewing for about a month and a half with many different companies. He received multiple offers and finally picked which one he was going to accept. We are both so excited about this opportunity!


So why would this be included in our IVF journey? This is actually a HUGE step for IVF. One thing we wanted was for Taylor to be able to take over everything so that in case I need to take a lot of time off for IVF or if I get really sick or something, everything will still be taken care of. Next month he will be graduating, then after that we will be jumping into finishing final testing needed for IVF!

April 15, 2016

Today we reached another milestone! Over $11,000.00 in our baby fund!


May 27, 2016

Today we took a big step forward in this process. I went in for a water ultrasound, which was the last test we needed to get the all clear to move forward with IVF. I was really nervous for this because the process is similar to that of an IUI and my last two IUIs were very painful. Taylor gave me a blessing last night to help me through the test today. Taylor wasn't able to go with me since he already had taken a lot of time off work this week for Hayden's wedding and Eli's graduation, so my mother-in-law, Myra, went with me. I was grateful that she was able to go. During the drive, she kept me distracted from thinking about what was about to happen and then we laughed at Price Is Right that was on TV in the waiting room. Dr. Foulk was awesome as always. He made some jokes when he came in and explained what would be happening. He had a little bit of difficulty at first but was soon able to get the procedure done. They were looking for polyps or other issues with my uterus that may cause problems with IVF. He let us see the ultrasound and see what he was doing, and he explained everything to us. It was a little painful, but not nearly as bad as my last two IUIs. The best part is, is that we got the all clear to go forward with IVF! No problems were found that we needed to worry about! What a huge relief!!! This is really happening! In July, I will be calling Chelsee our IVF coordinator and she will get us going on everything else we need to do! We have waited so long and this is finally happening. Now we just have to keep ourselves busy so that time will pass fast while we save up the last of the funds we need!

No comments:

Post a Comment