Sunday, April 26, 2015

Quilts

A few weeks ago I posted a picture on the Facebook page of my piles of scrap fabrics. All of the scrap fabrics I have are from quiet books that I have made. A while ago I was thinking about all the scraps and was wondering what I should do with them. I decided to turn all the scraps into a project, or even a few projects.

From the beginning of our infertility journey, Taylor and I have discussed often how we want our baby to know about all the people that helped to get them here. It hasn’t been just Taylor and I trying to bring a baby into our family, but so many people have prayed for us and supported us along the way. I have currently made over 50 quiet books as well that are helping to fund our crazy journey. We want our baby to know how wanted and loved they were long before they even came. It is so important to us for our child to know these things.

After thinking about this for a while I came up with my project. I decided to make a baby quilt, or a few quilts depending on the amount of scraps I had for our baby(ies). I wanted these quilts to be special; something they could have forever. I looked through hundreds of quilting patterns and I picked out my favorites. When I was ready to actually start it, Taylor and I picked out the quilt we wanted first.

Sara helped me cut out hundreds of pieces for the quilts and it took a lot of time to then sew it all together. We really had to take our time with these patterns because if everything wasn’t exact then the whole thing wouldn’t fit together correctly.

We finished the quilts a few days ago and I absolutely love the way they turned out. I can’t wait to snuggle a little one in these blankets and when they get a little older then tell them all about the blankets and what it means. Most people will probably look at them and think they are the most un-matching, random, or even ugly quilts they have ever seen, but to us it is the most beautiful blankets we have ever seen, because we know the story behind them. It is crazy to look at each piece of the quilts and think back on each quiet book that was made and all the work that went into each of those books.

Here is the first quilt:






Here is the second quilt:






We have been so blessed on this journey and I know we will continue to be. Making Someday has done so much better than we ever could have imagined, and it is still going. We are so happy we took that leap of faith and went for it and launched the shop. It is getting us so much closer to our dream. 



No comments:

Post a Comment