Wednesday, March 26, 2014

It's Your Life

This song is one of my all time favorite songs; It's Your Life by Francesca Battistelli. This song is actually my alarm on my phone. It wakes me up every morning. I have been thinking a lot about this song and it has so many great applications. Here are the lyrics for the song:

This is the moment
It’s on the line
Which way you gonna fall?
In the middle between
Wrong and right
But you know after all

(Chorus)

It’s your life
What you gonna do?
The world is watching you
Every day the choices you make
Say what you are and who
Your heart beats for
It’s an open door

It’s your life
Are you who you always said you would be?
With a sinking feeling in your chest
Always waiting for someone else to fix you
Tell me when did you forget

(Chorus)

To live the way that you believe
This is your opportunity
To let your life be one that lights the way

(Chorus)

When hard times come your way, which they definitely will, you have the choice of how to approach the situation. You can be mad, and negative about the situation or you could have a positive attitude and make the best of it. Its your life and you get to choose. Taylor and I learned this right from the start of everything. We always try our best to make the best of the situations we are put in. It makes such a huge difference to try to go through it all with a good attitude.

I try to look at the positive sides of infertility. I know that sounds funny. Is there really a positive side to infertility? I have had many people laugh when I say that there is. But there really is a positive side to it! First of all, I have met so many friends and have been able to become involved in some great organizations, just because we are going through infertility. These friendships mean so much to us and we are so grateful to have them. I have also had the chance to walk others through some situations that I have went through. I have had the opportunity to help some people through ectopics. Its a very scary situation and I have been able to talk to them about what to expect and ways that I was able to cope with that situation. I have also been able to reach out to others who have had miscarriages, or some who are going through IUIs. If I hadn't have went through everything we have, there is no way I would have been able to help these people through their situation. Even when Taylor had his surgery a few people reached out to us and we were able to give them advice and walk them through what to expect. Its a good feeling to know that we have helped someone through our trials!

Not only have I reached people in those specific situations but I have had people tell me that they hold their children so much closer, just because they have seen our situation. I have even had someone tell me that even though my situation is not the same as theirs it has really helped them through their trials. When you hear that you are helping others it gives you the extra boost to keep going and push through everything that you are going through. Whether you know it or not, someone is always watching you going through your trials and you are helping somebody.

We are so happy that we made the decision to be open about our situation. It has been a really great blessing for our life and it has even help us through difficult times. During hard times we can look back and see how much we have done and keep continuing forward with the best attitude possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment