Thursday, December 5, 2013

Even a Miracle Needs a Hand

Taylor and I recently pulled out the old Christmas movies we would watch growing up. It was fun to see them all again since I haven't watched them in years. One of them really caught my attention though. I have been thinking a lot recently about miracles. I have been wanting to write a post on it for a while now as well but didn't know how to approach it. I received the question, "If you have been promised a baby, why are you working so hard to do treatments? Don't you think it will just happen when it's supposed to and how it's supposed to?"

This question can get pretty complex. Yes, we have been promised we will have children. However we don't know through what means that will happen. I believe Heavenly Father sometime needs you to put forth some efforts and do things on your part in order for Him to work His miracles. Of course He could just make it happen if He wanted to, but He knows better, and sometimes certain things are required of us first before the miracle comes. This is something that Taylor and I have prayed about and talked about so much and we know that we need to keep moving forward with treatments and do all we can to make our miracle happen. We don't know if our miracle will come eventually through the treatments or if it will happen on its own but we do know that we need to keep putting our efforts into it and keep doing all that we can. However, we do understand that this is not always the case for everyone. One of my best friends stopped treatment and after time she got her miracle without any treatments. In her situation all that was needed was time. That doesn't mean though, that efforts were not put in. A whole lot of faith, prayers, etc. were needed to make that happen. So we are moving forward having as much faith as possible, with many prayers, a lot of fasting, and moving forward with what we are able to do. In the end it all comes down to what His will is, and us aligning our will with His will. Everyone has their own path they need to take to get their miracle and we know this is what He wants us to do. We would never jump into something so huge without making sure its what He wants us to do first. Also, plans change so a few things may change after talking to Dr. Foulk but we are moving forward with the knowledge that we have and the answers that Heavenly Father has given us.

So now back to the movie and the part that caught my attention. The movie was 'Twas the Night Before Christmas and it was the part when they were talking about needing a miracle. Here are the lyrics to the song they sang:

Even a Miracle Needs a Hand

Miracles happen most every day
to people like you and me
but don't expect a miracle
unless you help make it to be

So you hope and I'll hurry
You pray and I'll plan
We'll do what's necessary cause
Even a miracle needs a hand

You love and I'll labor
You sit and I'll stand
Get help from a next door neighbor cause
Even a miracle needs a hand

We'll help our maker
to make our dreams come true
but I can't do it alone
So here's what we're gonna do

You hope and I'll hurry
You pray and I'll plan
We'll do what's necessary cause
Even a miracle needs a hand

We'll help our maker
to make our dreams come true
but we can't do it alone
so what are we gonna do

You wish and I'll whittle
You drip while I dry
Lets all try to help a little cause
Even a miracle needs a hand


Here is the video clip as well. This song pretty much summed up my answer to the question that was asked and it was exactly what I needed to hear when I watched it. It's amazing how Heavenly Father can help you to hear what you need to hear in different ways, and right when you need to hear it.




2 comments:

  1. Love you both bunches!! Keep being the strong, amazing couple you are! In time the Lord's hand will be shown even more and your faith and prayers will be rewarded however the Lord chooses is best for you. Hugs and kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't show my name, so it's from Jenny & Cam. Love you!

      Delete