Sunday, November 3, 2013

Journaling

When I was about eight years old I received my first journal for Christmas. I didn't know what I was supposed to write and didn't get into it all that much. I didn't finish that journal until 2009. When my grandma passed away, I was able to get all her journals and read them. She wrote in her journal religiously every day. Most days it would only be a few sentences but she still wrote. This had a big impact on me to see how good she was at journaling every day. Among her belongings was a blank journal which I was lucky enough to have and I was able to use to it for my own personal journal.

However over the past two years or so I have really taken up journaling a lot. With so much happening, it is my one way to completely get my thoughts and feelings out. I have been going through about one journal every six months. Today I finished another journal.


Journaling has really helped me a lot through this whole infertility journey. It's the one place I can pour everything out without judgement or worrying about offending others with things that I say. Anyone going through infertility would understand that when dealing with it, you just need an "out" of sorts. Not only do I write happenings, thoughts, and feelings, but I always record blessings that I am given and I then write them in my journal. It's good to have them all written down so I can always look back on them. 

I have often went back and re-read what I have written and I love seeing how far we have come in our journey. There is no telling how much longer this journey will be, but I am happy that I have decided to write everything down.

No comments:

Post a Comment