Sunday, September 1, 2013

I Just Need Possible

Recently I watched the movie "Soul Surfer" again. I love that movie and watch it regularly. It has such great quotes, music, and take aways. Its a movie that you finish watching with a feeling that you can do anything. There are so many great quotes from the movie and as I was watching it I loved how many of them applied to my situation, and not just my situation but anyone's situation with trials.

The very end of the movie the final quote says, "Life is a lot like surfing because if you get caught in the impact zone you've got to get back up because you never know what may be over the next wave."
Trials are temporary and good times are coming. I have been reminding myself of this the few days. We don't know how this cycle will end, whether it will be good news or bad news but one day it will be the good news so we need to keep going. Some days are very discouraging because it seems like it will never happen, but the truth is it will.

Another quote is, "I don't need easy. I just need possible." This is exactly how I feel about getting our child here. I don't need it to be easy. It would be nice if it were easy but it doesn't need to be. All the hard times we have been through and may go through, will just make us love and cherish what we get all that much more. I can handle the medicines, drugs, appointments, ups and the downs, as long as I know its possible for it all to work. I just need to know that I will get my little one someday. Yes, it is extremely difficult at times and there are times that I feel like I can't go on any further. But then I remember what I am doing it all for and tell myself I can do just a little bit more one step at a time.

There are so many more amazing quotes in the movie but the last one I will mention is when the media crew is talking to Bethany at the end of the movie. They ask her, "Bethany, if you could go back to that day, would you not go surfing?" She responds, "No, I wouldn't change a thing, because then I wouldn't be here talking to you. I can embrace more people now than I could with two arms".  As hard as our journey has been, I wouldn't not trade it. Heavenly Father knows exactly what we need and how long we need to go through this. He knows when this trial will end. He knows just how many treatments we need to go through. However, through it all He has given us a lot of blessings as well. One of which is meeting some people that we never would have otherwise. They are some great people who have been through really hard things. They have given us a lot of inspiration and have become lifelong friends. We wouldn't trade that for anything.

Well that's enough of my random thoughts. The other thing I just wanted to do was to thank all our family and friends who joined in the fast today. We greatly appreciate all the love and support from all of our family and friends. Not only do we appreciate those who participated in the fast but those who have stopped by, those who have texted, emailed, or called with messages of love and support, and those who have been praying in our behalf. We are truly blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives. We have a lot of people praying for us and our little miracle and it will be truly loved whenever Heavenly Father sees fit to send him or her to us.






























No comments:

Post a Comment