Sunday, July 7, 2013

Stronger

Have you ever had one of those songs that you just love and helps you through things day to day? I have one of those. Its Stronger by Kelly Clarkson. Ever since the song was first released I have loved it. It soon became my ringtone and I would blast it in the car whenever it would come on the radio. It fit my situation perfectly with everything we have been through. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. It was a great reminder to me that there is a plan and we are getting stronger after everything we have been going through. 

We had the chance to go to the Stadium of Fire on the 4th of July. Kelly Clarkson was the main performer. I was so excited to go. During the performance I was getting worried she wouldn't perform the song but she ended up doing it last. She is such a great performer! I have been to another one of her concerts back when I was going to the University of Utah. She came to Salt Lake in concert with Reba McEntire. Stadium of Fire was another great performance. 

Stronger is my go to song when I have those different floods of emotions. On those days that I either just want to cry because I still don't have my baby and I don't think I can do anything more and its too hard, or on those days that I am angry and frustrated that I have to go through this, I turn to this song. Sometimes just blasting it helps. It helps on those days when everyone is announcing they are expecting and it seems like everyone is getting what you want so bad, so easily. I know all these hard times will make it much sweeter when our baby finally comes, but for now, through the hard times, I am grateful to have little things like this song to keep me going along this journey.

1 comment: